Friday, January 14, 2011

Bonnie's Blueberry Muffins

My mom gave me some jumbo muffin tins for my birthday (I have been wanting some for a long time). She also gave me some blueberries and blueberry muffin recipes. The one we tried was fantastic. These muffins were even better than the Costco ones. This is my new favorite blueberry recipe. It was perfect for cooking with children too.

2 cups flour
2/3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (if using frozen berries, rinse and pat dry before adding to batter)
Additional melted butter
Additional sugar

In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs. Blend in milk, butter, nutmeg and vanilla; pour into dry ingredients. Mix just until moistened. Fold in blueberries (I always coat my berries in a little flour first so they don't sink to the bottom of the muffins). Fill greased jumbo muffin tins. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.

Makes 6 jumbo muffins.

No comments: