Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tisha's Banana Bread

We eat a lot of banana bread at our house, and each time I make it I use a different recipe. Now after 3 1/2 years I have finally come up with a recipe for banana bread that I am going to stick with. Ricky and I made this version on Saturday and we loved it. The texture and taste were perfect. This recipe makes one loaf, but is very easy to double.

1/2 cup shortening
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
Optional: 1 cup Ocean Spray trail mix (or your own combination of dried cranberries, honey-roasted peanuts, flaked coconut, dried pineapple, and dried mango).

Mix shortening, sugar and eggs in mixer. Add bananas and mix. Add flour 1 cup at a time. Next add baking soda, vanilla, and trail mix. Mix until well blended. Pour into greased and floured bread pan. Bake for 1 hour at 325 (you may need to cook a bit longer),

No comments: