Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tag --- I'm It!

I've been tagged by my friend and cousin Heidi (actually our husbands are cousins, but that makes us cousins too right?) at heidi'recipes.blogspot.com. It's got tons of great recipes and links to other great food sites, so if you've never visited the site check it out now. I've been asked to list 5 facts about myself. Anyway, here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules. 2. Share 5 facts about yourself. 3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them). 4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment at their blogs.

MY FACTS


  • I never add salt to food I am cooking. Even if a recipe calls for salt, I don't add it. Nobody has ever noticed. I also never put butter/margarine on toast, rolls, etc. I just like it better that way. However, I could add ranch dressing, salsa, or cheese to just about anything. As far as desserts and quick breads go, I could add chocolate chips to just about anything. I always add a full 12-oz bag of chocolate chips to any recipe even if it calls for less chips. I love chocolate!
  • I edit the books I own. When I buy a book I use a special felt-tip gel pin thingy to cross out any words, phrases sections I don't really like (because of bad language or inappropriate scenes). This sounds weird, but I have so much fun doing it. So in the books I own no one swears, takes the Lord's name in vain, or uses sexual innuendo. If you want to read profanity-free versions of your favorite books just borrow them from me.
  • I love everything about grocery shopping (except for paying). I think I inherited this love from both of my grandfathers. They loved to look at the ads and then go to grocery stores. So do I. I love the entire process. I love searching through cookbooks and on the internet for recipes to cook in the upcoming week. I love looking in my cupboards to see what ingredients I already have and then making a list of the things I need to buy. I love looking at the grocery ads when they come. I love the trip to the grocery store. I go down every aisle and look at all the food. I love bringing the food home and putting it away and having a full pantry. I love cooking the recipes I have found.
  • I am NOT accident-prone. I've been fortunate in my life to avoid many common injuries and maladies. I've never had a broken bone, concussion, broken nose, bee sting, etc. I never had stiches until my C-section last February. I haven't had anti-biotics since 1st grade.
  • I have to multi-task. This sounds weird, but I have a hard time doing only one thing at a time. It is virtually impossible for me to just sit and watch a TV show or movie. I have to be doing something else at the same time (reading, using the computer, working on a project, cleaning, etc.). When I was in college I took a ton of notes, not because I needed them, but I because it was too boring to just sit and listen. At home with the boys right now I generally have NPR on in the background or have a list of topics in my head to think about. I am usually in the middle or 4-5 different books and a million projects. I just have a hard time only doing one thing at a time.

I tag: Amber http://ambersonlinejournal.blogspot.com/

Tiffany http://tiffanymeetsworld.blogspot.com/

Carolyn http://mattandcarolyndetro.blogspot.com/

Mindy http://adayinthelifeofthegratnys.blogspot.com/

Brynn http://br2stewarts.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Max Fam said...

Thanks for doing the tag Tisha!

I thought there was something missing from the Thanksgiving turkey....must have been the salt! :) jk