Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Marshmallow Chocolate Mousse

Ricky made this dessert for me for Mother's day and it was great. We served raspberries on top as well. We bought all the ingredients for mousse, then realized on Sunday that it called for uncooked eggs (a no-no for pregnant women). So we quickly found this mousse recipe which was perfect. I want to try it with different types of chocolate now. I think it could be really yummy using white chocolate or dark chocolate. We used a baking bar in this recipe, but you could use any kind of chocolate (candy bar, chocolate chips, etc) as long as you use the right amount of chocolate.

3 cups marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1 (4-0z) bar of baking chocolate, broken (This time we used German Chocolate, but you could use any kind as long as it is 4oz)
1 cup whipping cream
chocolate shavings
raspberries

  1. Melt marshmallows, milk and chocolate over low heat. Stir continually. It might take awhile, but don't heat it too quickly.
  2. Let cool.
  3. Whip 1 cup whipping cream and fold into cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into small dessert dishes and chill.
  4. Serve with chocolate shavings and raspberries.

1 comment:

Timothy Eastwood said...

Your chocolate mousse is so mouth-watering! I thank Jesus I came across your blog because I'm planning to make treats for my children, since they have healthy teeth and they followed the advice of one of the best dentists (Goose Creek-based). I'll follow this recipe. Thanks for posting.