Thursday, March 18, 2010

Corn Chowder


I got this recipe from my mother-in-law. Ricky and I enjoy it when we eat at her house, and now we know that our boys love it too. We will be making it frequently from now on.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup flour (heaping)
Seasoning of your choice (I used an Italian seasoning blend)
4 cups of any of the following or a combination: milk, chicken broth, water (I used half milk and half chicken broth)
1 can corn
Frozen hash browns (a large handful) or two potatoes cooked and shredded or cubed (I used shredded potatoes)
A large handful of cheddar cheese

  • Melt butter.
  • Add flour and stir until a nice paste forms.
  • Add liquid and bring almost to a boil. It will thicken as it cooks.
  • Add the corn, potatoes, and cheese.
  • Heat through.
  • Serve with big hunks of yummy bread.

1 comment:

Swa said...

This looks yummy! I'm putting it on the menu for this week! Thanks for posting!
Sarah Jane